What happens if my flight is delayed?
We understand the inconvenience of flight delays and we’ll try our best to minimise the impact of these disruptions.
After a 2 hours delay, you will be offered the re-routing option with assistance of airport or contact centre staff. If your flight is delayed 5 hours or more, you will be offered the option to re-route or to request a refund.
You may still choose to take your flight. If so, please check airport screens to see the latest updates.
Where can I find information on flight delays?
If your flight has been delayed more than 2 hours we will notify you by e-mail to the address provided at the time of booking, outlining your options.
You can also monitor the flight status online by visiting our Live Flight Info page or by checking the airport screens.
We will provide a full refund of the unused flights in your booking.
If you chose to make alternative transport arrangements i.e. car hire, trains, ferries etc. these are not covered under EU261 and therefore expense claims should be directed to your travel insurance company.
Re-routing/ Overnight Delay
If you would like to re-route on the next available flight to your final destination, or if your flight has been delayed overnight, we cover the below expenses.
- Meals and Refreshments in reasonable relation to the waiting time;
- Two telephone calls, fax messages or e-mails;
- Reasonable hotel accommodation where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary;
- Reasonable transport between the airport and place of accommodation (hotel or other)
- Customers who wish to submit a travel/transport/refreshments expense claim or EU261 disruption compensation following a flight cancellation or delay over 3 hours on arrival - Click below to access our online expenses claim form
Re-route for a later date
We can also re-route you on a future flight, to your final destination at a later date
at your convenience.
What happens with the other products that I have purchased?
If your flight has been delayed and you’ve purchased other products through Ryanair (e.g. car hire, transfers, parking, etc.), you may need to make changes. Please contact the providers directly, see contact list below. If it is not possible to change the product/s you have purchased, you may be able to make a claim through your travel insurance provider. This does not affect your rights under the Montreal Convention 1999, please refer to Article 14 of our General Terms and Conditions of Carriage for further information.