With reserved seating you can choose to select and purchase a seat when making a reservation online! Via the My Bookings section or during online check-in.
Selecting a Seat
You will see the option to select and purchase a seat when you are making a reservation online or alternatively through the My Bookings section or during the online check-in.
To add a seat from your Active trip:
- Select 'Reserve a seat' and choose your seat from the seat map. The selected seat will be highlighted and the price displayed.
- If you are happy with your selection- Click on confirm and proceed.
While selecting your seat, please keep in mind that the window seats in 11F and 12F unfortunately do not have a window.
We reserve the right to reassign seats at any time, for operational, safety or security reasons.
For safety reasons to sit in an emergency exit seat (rows 1, 16 & 17) you must be:
- 16 years or older
- Willing and able to help in the event of an emergency
- Not traveling with an infant (in addition includes rows 15 and 18)
- Not be a large customer requiring a seat belt extender
- Not have not booked an extra seat (comfort or additional item)
- Not requiring airport special assistance of any kind
- Seat width from between seat armrests is 43.2cms or 17 inches
- Seat depth is 58cms or 22.8 inches
- Seat height is 69 cms or 27.2 inches
- Seat pitch (distance from the back of the seat to the tray table in front) 76.2 cms or 30 inches
- Legroom in row 1 A B C and 2 D, E, F is 40 inches (101.6 cms)
- Legroom in emergency exit seats (rows 16 /17) is 40 inches (101.6 cms)
- Height from floor to the overhead control panel is 64 inches (162 cms)
Customers can select and buy their preferred seat online from the time of booking right up to 2 hours before each booked flight.
There are 3 types of reserved seats available for purchase online:
- Extra legroom seats from €/£14.00 - Rows 1, 2 (D, E, F) & 16-17 per flight.
- Front Seats from €/£7.00 - Rows 2 (A, B, C)-5 per flight.
- Standard Seats from €/£3.00 - Rows 6-15 and 18-33 per flight.
Reserved seat fees are non-refundable except as provided in Articles 4.2, 10.2, 10.3 and 10.4
Flying with infants and small children can be stressful but here at Ryanair we aim to make the experience stress free.
For safety reasons a maximum of 2 infants can be seated in any row (one on either side of the centre aisle).
Click below to learn more about our family seating policy.
For convenience and peace of mind, customers can check-in for flights 60 days in advance of both departure flights by purchasing a seat or if they have a Flexi Plus ticket. Both outbound and return flights must be within 60 days of departure. Customers can select where they would like to sit and choose to sit together if travelling with a group.
If you choose not to purchase a seat, you will be able to check-in 48 hours in advance of each departure flight for bookings made prior to January 28, 2021, and 24 hours in advance for bookings made as of January 28, 2021 and a seat will be allocated to you (free of charge).