Everything you need to know about travelling with a baby
Infant Age Requirements
Infants (aged 8 days to 23 months inclusive) travelling with us must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 or over (one infant per adult). Infants aged 7 days and under cannot be accepted for travel on Ryanair flights.
If an infant reaches the age of 2 years prior to their return journey, they must pay the applicable adult fare, taxes, fees and charges for that flight, please contact our call centre to book.
How to book an infant
Infants can be included in a flight reservation during the online booking process. An infant can sit on an adult's lap (an infant seat belt is provided by the cabin crew).
There is no checked baggage allowance for infants seated on an adult’s lap.
There are baby changing facilities onboard located at the rear of the aircraft. Cabin crew can warm baby bottles if required.
There is no cabin baggage allowance for infants sitting on an adult’s lap or infants aged 8 days to 23 months who are seated in an extra comfort seat. However a baby bag up to 5kg (dimensions: 45x35x20cms) can be carried by the accompanying adult in addition to their own cabin bag.
You can carry 2 items of baby equipment free of charge per child (1 pushchair + car seat, booster seat or travel cot)
- Children's pushchairs can be used up to the aircraft steps and after landing the pushchair will be available at the aircraft steps (provided local conditions permit this). Please remember to ensure that your pushchair is tagged at the baggage drop desk or at the boarding gate.
- Car seat
- You can bring a car seat onboard for use by an infant or child as long as it is approved for aircraft use and has a 5 point harness. If you are using a car seat for an infant under 2 you will need to purchase a separate seat for them.
At the Airport
On arrival at the airport, 2 free items of baby equipment can be tagged for travel at a Bag Drop Desk, which close 40 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time.
Other items of baby equipment in addition to the 2 free items can be checked-in upon payment of an Infant/Child Equipment fee(maximum weight 20 kgs).
Seating Information for Babies
Adding a car seat for a baby or child over 2 years
- Infant (8 days - 23 months)
To use a car seat for a baby on-board, you must purchase a separate seat for them.
To make this booking, you will need to contact our call Centre and our agent will make the booking for all passengers, add the car seat details and allocate a suitable seat onboard. Website discounts will be offered for this booking.
- Children 2 years and up
- If a car seat is being used onboard for a child over 2 years then the booking for all passengers can be made on our website, but you will need to contact us to add the car seat details and allocate a suitable seat onboard.
The car seat must meet certain criteria:
- The car seat must be forward facing, fit in the 42.5 cm (16.8 inches) space between the armrests of an aircraft seat.
The car seat must be certified for use onboard:
- European car seat must have a CE sticker and "Certified for use on aircraft" printed on it.
- American car seat must have a FAA sticker and "Certified for use on aircraft” printed on it.
Amsafe CARES Child Restraint
The Amsafe CARES Child Restraint can you used instead of a car seat. This restraint is designed specifically for airline use for children 1 year and up, weighing between 22 and 44 pounds (10-20kg). The restraint must be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions (weight, height, installation).
Approved car seats for children can only be fitted in rows 5-14 & 19-30. The car seat cannot obstruct the exit of other customers who are not travelling with your party, so normally the car seat will be fitted in the window seat.
Infant Baggage allowance
If you have purchased a separate seat for your baby, they are entitled to carry onboard 1 small cabin bag which must fit under the seat in front of you (40cm x 20cm x 25cm) and have the option to purchase a checked bag.